CUFRA COTTAGE /
GETTING HERE /
ABOUT THETIS /
Some points about Thetis Island to be aware of:
INFORMATION FOR OUR VISITORS
At Cufra Cliffs B&B,
- Despite its small size, Thetis has an excellent ferry schedule, and regular float plane service from Vancouver to Thetis Island Marina. (Links to the B.C. Ferries schedule for Thetis Island, and the float plane service websites, are found on the "Getting Here" page.) We are happy to offer free pick-up and delivery from and to either the ferry or the marinas, as needed. However, be aware that not having a car on Thetis can be a handicap, as there are no taxis, and the terrain is very hilly for walking and cycling.
- If you are driving, please be aware that Thetis has no gas stations, so be sure to fill your tank before coming over.
- There are no grocery stores on Thetis, so if you are planning to prepare your own meals for some part of your stay, you will need to bring provisions with you. However, there are two small convenience stores on the island, one at each of the marinas. At least one of these will be open, for limited hours, all year.
- There is a restaurant and pub at one marina, and a bistro restaurant at the other. However, except for the pub, these are not open all year. Check with us before you assume that you can get a meal at a restaurant while here.
- Although the permanent population of Thetis is small, in the summer it can swell to between one and two thousand. This places extra pressure on the ferries, so be sure to allow lots of time for the process of getting on or off the island - just in case.
- For more information about the island, we can send you an e-mail version of the "Visitors' Guide to Thetis Island" (upon request), or you can have a look at our community website - www.thetisisland.net
High Season (May 15th to October 15th):
- 2 night minimum: Cdn$110.00 per night, double occupancy. (Where there are only two people, but two beds are required, there will be an extra $5 charge for the duration of the stay.)
- One night only: Cdn$150.00, double occupancy ($170 on weekends in the high season.) If there is only one night available, then there is no surcharge.
- Cdn$25.00 per night extra for up to 2 additional people.
Low Season (October 16th to May 14th):
- Cdn$85.00 per night, double occupancy. (Where there are only two people, but two beds are required, there will be an extra $5 charge for the duration of the stay.)
- Cdn$20.00 per night extra for up to 2 additional people.
- We're sorry, but we're not set up to take plastic. Please make your payment by cash, personal cheque (made out to Veronica Shelford), Travellers' Cheques, or interac e-transfer.
- Because of the cliffs, this B&B is not suitable for small children.
- Please, no smoking in the cabin. If you do smoke outside, please ask for an ashtray. Fire hazard is usually very high in the summer, but it never goes away entirely even in winter.